If you regularly read my blog, you’ll know Topshop is always my go-to place when I need a new season wardrobe overhaul.
The Sheffield Meadowhall store has it’s own personal shopping lounge, so if you want to be treated like a VIP – book an appointment and let the stylists dress you in the latest looks.
Personal stylist Kirby Robinson, will talk you through how to dress for your shape, find a special occasion outfit or simply inspire you to try a new season trend.
I recently attended a dress event in the stylist lounge with Lydia Rose, fashion blogger and founder of blog Fashion Influx.
Lydia’s top tips when dress shopping:
- Although we all want to wear the latest looks – dress for your shape
- I wear a lot of black – you can wear it over and over again with new accessories
- I love mini dresses, but if I go short, I’ll wear a higher neck or bardot style
- If you’re dress shopping as a wedding guest, avoid white, go floral and not too short
- If you’re nervous about print, go for a plain dress then add a colour pop in your bag or shoes.
In need a wardrobe update for spring/summer, I tried on some new season looks…
My absolute favourite item is this feather trim shacket (a shirt/jacket). It’s limited edition so grab it before it goes. And it’s a bargain buy at £59.
I love this outfit as an alternative to an occasion dress – the crop frill jacket is £45 (available in a choice of colours).
This outfit is a win-win. Two-piece suits are very ‘this-season’ and so is pink.
I love this mesh overlay dress which can be dressed up or down. I’d team it with trainers or boots in the day then add heels for the evening.